Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Spaghetti with Tomatoes and Chicken


Another dish from pintrest. I must admit that her's looks so much better than mine.  I used some cooked chicken instead of cooking the chicken like she suggests, but this was oh so much easier. http://goddessofscrumptiousness.tumblr.com/














Ingredients:
1/2 stick butter
2 T. extra virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic, whole
2 T. flour
2 1/2 cups chicken stock
1 T. basil
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup parsley
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
2 cups cherry tomatoes
To grill our chicken we usually marinade it in Italian dressing for 1-4 hours.  Then we grill it out on the outdoor grill. I'm sure it would be fine to grill it in your grill pan indoors, but we like the outdoor taste, and I can get my husband to do the grilling.  One less thing for me to do.  For the gravy:  Melt butter and extra virgin olive oil together. Add whole garlic and saute for about 3 minutes. Remove garlic and add flour. Cook 1 minute. Add chicken stock. Simmer until thickened. Add basil. Season with salt and pepper. Add sauteed chicken and cooked spahhetti. Add cherry tomatoes and finish with garnish of parsley and Parmesan cheese.

No comments: