Thursday, May 24, 2012

Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Tacos

O.K., so I know that this doesn't look like beef tacos.  I decided that tonight I would make a meal and the beef would be served like roast beef. I shredded the left-over beef and will use the rest as tacos. Check out gimmesomeoven.com/slow-cooker-shredded-beef-tacos/ to see how he served them.  This is another one of those recipes I found on Pinetrest.  It is so nice to be trying some new things.  Love this recipe and am looking forward to the beef tacos tomorrow. I will serve them with the slaw and some tomato and guacamole with a little creama on the top. Yum!


Ingredients:
1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 pounds of boneless beef chuck roast
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 adobe chili pepper in adobe sauce, minced
1/2 large sweet onion, diced
4 cloves of garlic (I only used 1)
flour tortillas
favorite taco toppings
Suggestions: avocado, salsa, mexican rice, tomato, sour cream, slaw,
Method:
Make a rub from the chili powder, paprika, and cumin. Rub it over both sides of the beef chuck roast. I also used salt and pepper. Add 1-2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil to a large skillet or stock pot.  Heat the oil over medium heat. Add the roast to the skillet and sear both sides.  Remove the beef and add it to the slow cooker.   The recipe says to add the beef broth to deglaze the pan, but I added the onions and garlic to skillet and cooked them over medium heat.Add beef stock, tomato paste, and minced chipotle. Whisk to combine. Turn down heat to medium/low and allow to thicken for about 4-5 minutes.  Pour pan sauce over top of the meat in the slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Remove and shred beef if you are making tacos.  If you are using as a roast as I did, just take chunks from the crock pot.  Serve the shredded beef in warmed flour tortillas and top with your favorite topping.

No comments: