Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Lynn's Beef Stroganoff

I used Lynne Rector's recipe from a Woodland Cookbook. I am pretty sure she got it from her mother, Rusty Cody. I used stew meat instead of ground meat.  I will print it like I made it instead of how it is in the cookbook.  I love using my crockpot on days that I am going to be away from home.






Ingredients:
1 package of beef tips
1 onion, cut in 1/2 moons
1 bell pepper, cut in strips
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 small carton sour cream
1 cup cooked rice

Method:
Brown the beef tips in about 3 tablespoons of canola oil, about 5 minutes.  Soften the onions and bell peppers in about 2 tablespoons of canola oil or olive oil.  Put all the ingredients in the crockpot and put on low for 5 hours.  Serve over rice or noodles.

No comments: