Friday, May 11, 2012

Savory Ham Casserole


This is such an easy recipe and would be great with baked chicken or turkey.  I had some ham left-over from Thanksgiving that I had in the freezer. I thought it cooked a little too long. Next time I would probably just bake it at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.  Maybe my oven cooks hotter. I got this recipe from:
Talk about Good Cookbook by Martha B. Salmon



Ingredients:
3 tablespoons chopped onion
1/4 cup green bell pepper
1/4 cup cooking oil
3 tablespoons flour
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 1/3 cups milk
2 cups diced ham
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 can biscuits
Saute onions and pepper in oil. Stir in flour. Add milk and soup and cook until thick. Add ham and lemon juice. Mix and pour into a greased casserole. Place biscuits on top and bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes, then at 425 degrees for 10 more minutes or until biscuits are golden brown

No comments: