Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Autumn Pork Tenderloin

I love the idea of apples with pork.  I was afraid this recipe might be too sweet for my taste, but it was really nice. I think it might also be good with peach or cherry pie filling. I got this recipe from Fine Fighter Fare cookbook. The recipe is submitted by Brandy Forrest


Printable Recipe
https://sites.google.com/site/whatscookingsherry/autumn-pork-tenderloin


Ingredients:
1/2 teaspoon salt                                                        1 cup apple pie filling (canned)
1/4 teaspoon pepper                                                   1/4 cup pecans
1 pound pork tenderloin                                             1/4 teaspoon greound cinnamon
1/2 cup apple juice

Rub salt and pepper over pork. Place in a large resealable plastic bag; add apple juice. Seal and refrigerate at least 30 minutes. Drain and discard apple juice. Place pork on rack in roasting pan.l Combine pie filling, pecans, and cinnamon; spoon over pork. Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 45- 1 hour.  The recipe says 40-45 minutes, but I cooked mine for 1 hour and it was perfect.

No comments: