You can find the recipe Here
So easy, but oh so GOOD
Wednesday, April 20, 2016
These are really good. I have made them before, but it has been a while.
Stuffed Poblano Peppers
1 (1-lb) pkg. spicy breakfast sausage
6 large poblano peppers
1 cup hot cooked rice
1 cup cooked or canned pinto beans ( or black beans) rinsed and drained
1 ½ cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
Salsa, sour cream (optional)
1. Preheat grill to medium-high (350 to 400). Meanwhile cook sausage in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 10 minutes, stirring often, until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain and set aside.
2. Grill peppers 5 minutes per side or until charred. Cool slightly. Place peppers in large resealable plastic bag; seal and let stand 5 minutes to loosen skin. Remove charred skin.
3. Cut a 3-inch slit lengthwise into each pepper. Leave tops intact. Remove seeds. Set peppers aside.
4. Stir together sausage, rice, beans and cheese. Spoon evenly into peppers. Arrange peppers on aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Grill, covered, 5 minutes or until filling is thoroughly heated and cheese melts.
5. Top with salsa and sour cream, if desired.
I did not use the outside grill for any of this. Put the peppers in the oven and broil until each side of the pepper is charred.
Spray the foil-lining in #4 with Pam to prevent from sticking. Put in the oven at 350 and heat until thoroughly heated and cheese melted.
Tuesday, April 19, 2016
Printable Version Ingredients:
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 (6 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken tenders
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
1 cup baby carrots
2 small red potatoes, halved (I used medium size potatoes and cut them in quarters
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
1/2 lemon, thinly sliced and seeded
1 cup whole milk
1 tablespoon flour 1 teaspoon lemon zest
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/3 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil, swirl to coat. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add chicken to skillet. Cook 5 minutes on one side and 2 minutes on the other side. Remove chicken from pan. Place potatoes and carrots, cut side down, in pan. Sprinkle with thyme. Place pan in oven and bake 10 minutes. Return chicken to pan and top with lemon slices. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove pan from oven. Place chicken and vegetables on a plate while you make the sauce. Combine 1 cup milk, flour, and lemon zest in a bowl. Return pan to medium-high heat. Do not wipe out pan. Add flour mixture to pan. Allow to thicken and scrape the bottom to loosen brown bits. Cook until thickened. Add chicken stock and cook until desired thickness. Add remaining salt and pepper. Add the chicken and vegetables to the pan. Sprinkle with parsley. I cooked an additional 3 minutes because my potatoes weren't done.