These are really good. I have made them before, but it has been a while.
Stuffed Poblano Peppers
1 (1-lb) pkg. spicy breakfast sausage
6 large poblano peppers
1 cup hot cooked rice
1 cup cooked or canned pinto beans ( or black beans) rinsed and drained
1 ½ cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
Salsa, sour cream (optional)
1. Preheat grill to medium-high (350 to 400). Meanwhile cook sausage in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 10 minutes, stirring often, until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain and set aside.
2. Grill peppers 5 minutes per side or until charred. Cool slightly. Place peppers in large resealable plastic bag; seal and let stand 5 minutes to loosen skin. Remove charred skin.
3. Cut a 3-inch slit lengthwise into each pepper. Leave tops intact. Remove seeds. Set peppers aside.
4. Stir together sausage, rice, beans and cheese. Spoon evenly into peppers. Arrange peppers on aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Grill, covered, 5 minutes or until filling is thoroughly heated and cheese melts.
5. Top with salsa and sour cream, if desired.
I did not use the outside grill for any of this. Put the peppers in the oven and broil until each side of the pepper is charred.
Spray the foil-lining in #4 with Pam to prevent from sticking. Put in the oven at 350 and heat until thoroughly heated and cheese melted.