I could not find the Thai Chilies so I used 1/2 of a large jalapena. Again, I forgot to take a picture until the dish was almost totally gone. Here is what was left of a large wok filled with pure goodness. My daughter-in-law loves Thai food so for her birthday I tried to make one of her favorite dishes. I was a little uncomfortable so my daughter came and helped me with the dish. She is the real cook of the family. Love cooking with that girl. Find the recipe Here
- 1 package chinese noodles
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- ¼ cup tequila
- 2 tbsp black soy sauce
- 4 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 chicken breast cut in small thin pieces
- ½ green bell pepper, cut in thin long pieces
- Thai Chiles to taste, chopped
- Thai basil leaves, for garnish
- 2 small tomatoes cut in wedges
- green onions for garnish
- Cook noodles in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender, stirring frequently. Drain.
- In a small bowl whisk together black soy sauce, tequila, light soy sauce, fish sauce and brown sugar.
- In a large skillet melt the butter then add sesame oil. Add garlic and Thai chiles and saute for a few seconds. Add raw chicken and cook until no longer pink. Then add green bell pepper and the soy sauce mixture and cook for a couple minutes.
- Add cooked noodles, tomatoes and toss to coat noodles. Transfer to a big bowl or plate and garnish with green onions, and basil. Serve warm. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.