Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Contessa's Shrimp Salad


I took this picture before I added the capers. I took another picture, but the food was 1/2 gone and didn't look very good. Trust me, the capers are a great addition.  I copied this recipe out of a magazine, but when I went on Foodnetwork.com, I couldn't find it.
I just bought 1 pound of shrimp and cut the other ingredients to match the amount of shrimp.  Now I wish that I had bought 2 1/2 pounds because left-overs would be appreciated.


Printable Version
Ingredients for Shrimp:
2 1/2 pounds shrimp (peel and devein)
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
Ingredients for the Dressing:
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon orange zest
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1/4 cup fresh dill, minced
2 tablespoons drained capers
2 tablespoons red onion
Directions for shrimp:
Peel and devein shrimp. Place on a sheet pan with olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Toss the ingredients and spread shrimp in a single layer. Roast 6-8 minutes. Cool 3 minutes.
Directions for sauce:
Whisk together mayonnaise, orange zest, orange juice, vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.  Add cooled shrimp to sauce. Add dill, capers, and red onion. Toss well. Set at room temperature 30 minutes. We did not wait 30 minutes. We waited about 3 minutes. 

No comments: