- 1 cup granulated sugar plus 3 teaspoons, divided
- 2 1/2 cups sliced peaches
- 1/2 teaspoon corn starch
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Spray an 8-x-8-inch baking dish with nonstick spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 1. In a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons sugar and corn starch. Toss peaches in the mixture and coat evenly. Set aside.
- 2. In a medium bowl, sift together 1 cup sugar, flour, salt and baking powder. In another bowl, whisk together milk and butter. Slowly pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until incorporated.
- 3. Pour cake batter into prepared baking dish. Press sliced peaches into the cake batter and place some on top. Put in the oven and bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Peach Cobbler Snack Cake will keep up to 3 days stored in an airtight container.