Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Coconut Syrup

I got this recipe off Pinetrest. It is a winner.  I made more than I could possibly eat at one sitting, so I assume with the butter, I will have to reheat it to melt the butter solids. I used it this morning on French toast made from 2-day-old French bread, but I am certain it would be awesome on waffles or pancakes. I have a feeling I will be looking for things to put this on.
http://cookingalamode.blogspot.com/2010/03/blender-french-toast-with-coconut-syrup.html








Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 cup sugar
Stir these ingredients over medium heat until butter melts and sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add:
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon coconut extract.
Stir constantly for 1-2 minutes.  It will foam-up so put it in a pot with room so it will not boil-over.

No comments: