Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Vegetable Beef Soup

Vegetable Beef Soup is one of the few recipes that I can make w/o looking at a recipe. I have made it so many times, I have it memorized. You would think I could make waffles w/o a recipe, but I can't. Make some cornbread, and you have a wonderful lunch.  I made Kalyn's southwest pot roast. The next day we had sandwiches, and then tonight I may soup with the left-over meat. I had to guard it from Jud so I would have some left-over.


Printable Recipe:
https://sites.google.com/site/whatscookingattheedwards/vegetable-beef-soup
Ingredients:
2 tablespoons olive oil or canola oil
1 whole onion, diced
2 ribs of celery, diced
1/2 head of cabbage
2 cups left-over roast
2 cans beef stock
2 cans tomatos (I used one can of crushed tomatoes and one can of diced tomatoes)
1 6-oz. can tomato sauce
2 potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
2 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks (I didn't even peel them today)
1 package frozen vegetables

Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil to a dutch oven.  Add one onion and two ribs of celery.  Stir for about 2 minutes and then add chunked potatoes, carrots and cabbage.  Let hang-out for about 15 minutes. Add beef stock, tomatoes, and tomato sauce. Let cook on medium-low heat until potatoes are tender. Then add 1 package of frozen vegetables.  Simmer for about 30 minutes on low heat.

No comments: