Friday, November 19, 2010

Oreo Turkey Cookies



I made these for the grandchildren and my niece's daughter for Thanksgiving.  Edith Geurin made them one Wednesday night for our church dinner. The kids and adults grabbed them up so fast, I didn't even get to see them, but I heard about them.  There are some different ways to make them, but this is really easy.  If you go online and type-in oreo cookie turkeys, you will be able to see some better pictures.



Ingredients for each turkey:
6-7 candy corn
2 double stuffed oreo cookies
1 whopper
1 mini-reese's peanut butter cup
chocolate frosting for attaching cookies and reese's peanut butter cup
orange frosting (I just bought vanilla and colored some chocolate and some orange)
1 plastic ziplock bag to use for piping icing
1 sharp knife for seperating the cookies to get the candy corn inside

Put your peanut butter cups in the refrigerator to cool. If you have cold hard chocolate to work with it makes it easier.

Squeeze some of the white icing into a bowl. Mix red and yellow food coloring with the icing to creat desired orange. Then put into a plastic bag and set aside.

Creating:
Place oreo cookie as base and place a dab of chocolate frosting on top to attach mini peanut butter cup.
Place a dab of chocolate frosting on top of the peanut butter cup to attach the malted milk ball for the head.

Place candy corn in the edge of the scond oreo cookie ( this is the tail)
Break off the white tip of a candy corn, and dip in chocolate frosting and place on malted milk ball for the beak.
Pipe on orange icing for the feet. I didn't do this on my practice one, but I will do it for Thanksgiving.

I used mini-marshmellows cut in 1/4's for the eyes.

No comments: