Sunday, November 21, 2010

Poolside Tuna Salad

I was looking for some kind of healthy salad that I could make for lunch.  I didn't really think Jud would like it so he had a sandwich, but I had this salad and it was enough for 2 days.   I love salads, so I am always looking for a good one that is healthy, but filling. This fit my criteria.  Since I was making it just for me, I only used about 1/3 rd- 1/4th of the ingredients
on the list.  The recipe comes from Best of America Cookbook

Printable Recipe:
https://sites.google.com/site/whatscookingattheedwards/poolside-tuna-salad
Ingredients:
6 oz. radishes
1 hothouse cucumber
3 celery stalks
1 yeallow bell pepper
6 oz cherry tomatoes, halved
4 scallions, thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
black pepper
1 7-ounce cans or packages tuna, drained
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
lettuce leaves, for serving
Cut the radishes, cucumber, celery, and bell pepper into a pea-size dice. Place in a large, shallow dish. Add the tomatoes and scallions.  In a small bowl, stir together the salt and lemon juice with a fork until dissolved. Pour this over the vegetable mixture. Add the oil and pepper to taste. Stir to blend. Cover and let stand `1 hour.  Add the tuna and parsley and toss gently until combined. Arrange lettuce leaves on a platter and mound the salad in the center. I just put the lettuce leaves on my plate and gave myself a nice serving of the tuna salad.

No comments: