Saturday, November 27, 2010

Maccaroni and Cheese










Anthony and Bodie are connoisseurs of mac and cheese. I have tried several recipes and this one was a hit by both.  They each had several helpings. It will be my go-to dish when they are here. I had left-overs of everything except the mac and cheese.  I forgot to take pictures until it was pretty-well gone. You get the idea.  I made it again for Easter. We have added 2 more grandsons now and it is still liked by all. As you can see by the second picture, I made more than enough this year.


Printable Recipe:
https://sites.google.com/site/whatscookingattheedwards/maccaroni-and-cheese
Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
2 1/2 cups milk
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 cups grated american cheese -I used velveeta
2 cups elbow maccaroni - cooked to al dente'
Method:
Melt butter in a large pot and stir in flour.  Add milk stirring constantly until thickened. Remove from heat and add other ingredients.  Pour into a 12" X 13" pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray and bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

No comments: