Thursday, November 4, 2010

Sauteed Chicken Breasts with warm Tomato-Tarragon Salsa

I didn't take a very good picture of this dish. It looks more like chicken and dressing than chicken and salsa, but you must try it. It is the best salsa I have ever put in my mouth.  Stacy told me about Kalyns kitchen's website.  It is South Beach diet food. It is very user friendly. Go to kaylynskitchen.com and check it out.



Printable Recipe:
https://sites.google.com/site/whatscookingattheedwards/sauteed-chicken-with-warm-salsa

Ingredients for Chicken:
2 large boneless-skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning - I didn't have any so I used Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning. I can't imagine it being any better. Just go light on the seasoning.
2-3 garlic cloves to season the oil

Ingredients for Salsa:
1 small tomato cut in 1/2 and remove seeds by squeezing over sink
2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
1 teaspoon capers
1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon chopped tarragon (can substitute basil, orregano, or thyme) I used fresh basil and thyme from my garden to equal 1 tablespoon total
1/2-1 green onion, chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
In a blender or food processor, combine fresh tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, capers, garlic, white wine vinegar, tarragon, and green onions. Pulse 10 times to coarsely chop ingredients.  Stir in olive oil.

Season chicken with poultry seasoning. Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat.  Add garlic cloves and saute 1 minute to flavor the oil. Remove garlic. Add chicken and saute 4-5 minutes on first side. Turn chicken and saute 3-4 minutes on other side. Chicken should be well -browned and firm when done.

No comments: