Saturday, November 6, 2010

Southwest Chicken Salad with Chipotle Ranch Dressing

Great salad for lunch. I used a baked chicken that you buy in the grocery store. I just used about 1/2 of a chicken breast and I added olives and goat cheese to Kalyn's recipe. Make it your own and add whatever you like. I had some radishes, but I forgot to add those. It would have given it another layer of flavor and color.


Printable Recipe:
https://sites.google.com/site/whatscookingattheedwards/sw-chicken-salad-with-chipotle-dressing
Ingredients:
3/4 - 1 cup diced cooked chicken
3-4 tablespoons Chipotle Ranch dressing ( recipe follows)
2-3 cups washed and torn romaine lettuce ( I use the lettuce in a bag)
1/2 cup diced red pepper
1/4 cup grated cheese ( She uses four cheese Mexican Blend, lowfat cheeses)
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Chipotle Ranch Dressing:
2 cups ranch dressing (she uses a packet where you add buttermilk and mayonnaise)
1/2 cup salsa
1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chile powder (She uses penzeys. If you don't have chipotle chile powder, substitute regular chile powder and a small amount of hot sauce)

Put salsa in food processor and puree about 1 minute with steel blade. (Could use a blender or immersion blender.) Add ranch dressing and ground chipotle and process 30 seconds more, or until well combined.  I did not blend any of it. I just poured the salsa into the ranch dressing along with the chile powder and hot sauce. Stirred it well and served it over the salad.

No comments: