Sunday, January 1, 2012

Ziplock egg omelet



https://sites.google.com/site/whatscookingattheedwards/zip-lock-egg-omeletWhen I had my family here for Christmas, I made these. You can put up to 6 baggies in a large pot of boiling water.  It is amazing to see how it works, and people can put in their omelet whatever they choose. Be sure to use freezer bags.
Printable Version:

Ingredients:
cooked bacon
cooked ham
cooked pancetta
cheese
green onions
green peppers
spinach
salt and pepper to taste
The amazing thing about this method is that you just put everything in little bowls and let people put in their freezer baggie whatever they like.  Then you put the baggie in the boiling water for 13 minutes and it comes out perfect every time.  It is great fun for a party of brunch.  You can serve my overnight cinnamon rolls and a fruit salad and you are good to go.  You can let everyone time their own baggie.  I wrote everyone's name on the baggie with a permanent marker.  It worked great for my family of 12. I had two big pots of boiling water and just let everyone make their own.

Hint: Make sure to use freezer bags.


No comments: