Friday, January 27, 2012

Vegetable Quesadillas

This is a nice lunch option. I'm not sure how much Jud liked them w/o meat, but I thought they were great.You could certainly substitute any vegetables that you had on hand and needed to use.  I threw in some spinach in the last 30 seconds because I had it and wanted to put as many vegetables as possible.  I also used swiss cheese slices instead of the Jack cheese because I had it.  This picture was taken before I put the top on and flipped it to melt the cheese.

Printable Version:

Ingredients:
2 cups yellow squash, thinly sliced
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 small onion, sliced
1 cup green and red bell pepper slices
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
2 cups reduced-fat colby Jack cheese shreds
4 whole wheat tortillas
Salsa, for garnish
Directions:
1. Saute' squash, mushrooms, onion and peppers with seasonings in a large skillet, sprayed throughly with cooking spray, until vegetables are crisp-tender; remove from skillet.
2. Place 1/2 cup cheese on 1/2 of each tortilla; top evenly with vegetable mixture and another 1/4 cup cheese. Fold tortilla over filling. Repeat with each tortilla. I used 2 whole tortillas and then cut them in quaerters when it was done.
3. Wipe skillet clean, re-spray with cooking spray, cook quesadillas over medium heat 3-5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve immediately with your favorite salsa.

No comments: