Sunday, January 15, 2012

Poached egg with bacon and swiss cheese bagel

This was a great breakfast. I will definately make this again.




Printable Version:
https://sites.google.com/site/whatscookingattheedwards/poached-egg-with-bacon-and-cheese-bagel


Ingredients:
1 bagle per person
cream cheese for spreading on bagel
1 slice of bacon per 1/2 of bagel
swiss cheese 1/2 slice per 1/2 bagel
Cut the bagel in 1/2 and toast each side in a toaster. Remove from toaster and spread each 1/2 with cream cheese. Poach an egg using whatever method you choose.  I usually use my egg poacher, but today, I decided to do it in a large skillet. I got the water to boil and added about 1 teaspoon of vinegar. The chefs tell me that keeps the egg together. When it is the desired doneness, remove the egg and put on top of the cream cheese.  Add a slice of bacon that has been cut in 1/2 (you will have 2 slices per 1/2 bagel). Top with 1/2 slice of swiss cheese. Put in the broiler and broil until cheese melts. About 1 minute.

No comments: