Saturday, December 24, 2011

Spiced Chicken with couscous Salad

I took this picture after we had already started eating, so it didn't really turn out as good as I wanted. Stacy, Bodie, and Nicholas had dinner with us and all the adults declared it a winner.  Everytime I have couscous, I realize how much I like it.  I don't know why I don't make it more often. Maybe I 'll do better about making it in 2012.


Printable Version:
https://sites.google.com/site/whatscookingattheedwards/spiced-chicken-with-couscous-salad
Ingredients:
3 tablespoons olive oil
4-6oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon paprika
2 teaspoons ground cumin
Kosher salt and black pepper
3/4 cup couscous
3/4 pound cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
1/4 pound snap peas, thinly sliced crosswise (about 1 cup)
1/2 cup torn fresh basil
1 lemon zested
juice of 1 lemon
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season the chicken with the paprika, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Cook until browned on both sides and cooked through, 6-7 minutes on each side. Transfer to a cutting board.
Meanwhile, place the couscous in a large bowl, Add 1 cup hot tap water, (I warm chicken stock on the stovetop and then add the couscous)Let sit for 5 minutes; fluff with a fork. Add the tomatoes, snap peas, basil, lemon zest and juice. and the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Toss to combine. 
Slice the chicken and serve on top of the couscous.

No comments: