Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Ultimate Oatmeal Cookie

I made 1/2 of the cookie recipe without raisins or nuts and 1/2 with nuts and cranberries. The picture is the ones with nuts and cranberries.  I have a great recipe for trail mix that I got from Claire Robinson's who hosts the show 5 Ingredient Fix. I made a big batch and used the nuts and fruit from that concoction.  This is adapted from Betty Crocker's Cookie Book.


Printable Version:
https://sites.google.com/site/whatscookingattheedwards/the-ultimate-oatmeal-cookie

Ingredients:
11/4 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
3 cups quick-cooking or old--fashioned oats
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup raisins, if desired -I don't like raisins in my cookies, but if you do--Go for it.

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Beat all ingredients except oats, flour, and raisins in a large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed. Stir in oats, flour, and raisins.
2. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.Bake 9-11 minutes or until light brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
When I made the Pumpkin Seed Dried Cherry Trail Mix, I didn't have enough maple syrup so the mix did not stick together like it usually does after I baked it. I probably wouldn't use this in my cookies if I had all 6 Tablespoons of the maple syrup.

No comments: