Saturday, December 10, 2011

Crispy Pork Medallions

When I cut into the meat, it wasn't done, so I cooked it another 8 minutes.  I am going to write the recipe like it says, but I would cook it for 16-20 minutes depending on how done you like your pork. Next time I will probably cook it closer to 20 minutes. I really liked the crispyness of the pork cooked this way.  Recipe from November 2011 - Cooking Light




Ingredients:
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 (1pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 8 medallions.
As you can see by the picture, I didn't do this. Maybe it would have been done in 8 minutes if I had done this. 
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil.
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Rub mustard evenly over pork medallions. Combine panko, thyme, parsley, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Dredge pork in panko mixture. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add oilto pan; swirl to coat. Add pork; saute 2 minutes or until golden brown. Turn pork. Place skillet in oven; bake at 450 degrees for 8 minutes or until pork reaches 145 degrees. Let stand 3 minutes.

No comments: