Thursday, December 22, 2011

Holiday Pretzel Treats

I made these treats with Anthony the other night when I was in Austin, but I didn't have my recipe and put it in a 350 degree oven. I noticed that the pretzels burned, even though I only left them in the oven long enough to melt the chocolate. When I got home, I noticed that it was suppose to be in 170 degree oven.  They are also much more festive if you buy some hugs Kisses. They are the white chocolate ones.I couldn't find them, so I bought some mini-reases chocolates. These were all I had left, when I thought to take a picture.
Printable Recipe:
https://sites.google.com/site/whatscookingattheedwards/holiday-pretzel-treats

Ingredients:
bite-size, waffle-shaped pretzels
Hershey's Kiss and/or Hershey's Hug
M & M candies

1. Heat the oven to 170 degrees. Set a number of bite-size, waffle-shaped pretzels (one for each treat) in a single layer on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, then top each pretzel with an unwrapped Hershey's Kiss or Hershey's hug.

2. Bake for 4-6 minutes (the white chocolate will melt more quickly), until the chocolates feel soft when touched with a wooden spoon. Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and quickly press an M & M candy into the center of each Kiss.

3. Allow the treats to cool for a few minutes, then place them in the refrigerator to set, about 10 minutes. Place handfuls of the candies in clear plastic bgs and tie on colorful ribbons for a nice gift.

No comments: