Saturday, June 25, 2011

Spinach Quiche

Oh my gosh, I'm not sure I can even tell you this recipe. It is a bunch of stuff I had left in my freezer and refrigerator. I may have to call this "Leaving on Vacation Quiche." Or "The Kitchen Sink Quiche." I looked up a recipe for a crustless quiche and then made adaptions that would use up everything I had left in the refrigerator.  I had bought the pancetta several months ago and had never used it. So I got it out of the freezer and concocted this recipe.

Printable Recipe:
https://sites.google.com/site/whatscookingattheedwards/spinach-quiche

Ingredients: these are guesses on amounts.
3 oz. package of pancetta
1/2 onion
1 package of frozen spinach, with water squeezed-out
3 oz. cream cheese
2 oz. goat cheese
2 oz. cheddar cheese
3-4 oz. turkey lunch meat
6 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
salt and pepper to taste
Cooking spray
Directions:
Remove pancetta from the package and dice.  Cook in a skillet to render the fat and crisp up the pancetta. Remove the pancetta from the skillet and add 1/2 onion.  Cook over medium heat until onions are soft. Spray the pie pan with cooking spray. Add the cheddar or swiss cheese to the bottom of the pie pan. Add the 6 eggs and 1 cup milk in a bowl and mix to break-up the eggs.  Add other ingredients . Pour into the prepared pie pan.  Bake 350 degrees F. for 45 minutes. I hope it tastes as good as it looks.

No comments: