Sunday, July 3, 2011

La Fiesta - Chicken

I make a dish that is called La Fiesta that is really good in the Winter.  This is a Summer version using chicken.  I was somewhere in the past year where I was sharing my recipe for La Fiesta with beef and this lady gave me this recipe. I jotted it down and put it in my folder of recipes that I take to Oregon.  As I was planning my menu for the week, I came across this and decided to make it.  It is a winner.  I was going to buy a rotisserie chicken, but they were out of them in the grocery store.  I bought chicken breasts and just put 2 of them in the oven on 350 degrees after I salt, peppered, and put olive oil over the top.  I baked it for about 15 minutes or until the chicken was cooked through.

Printable Recipe:
https://sites.google.com/site/whatscookingattheedwards/la-fiesta--chicken


Ingredients:
Cooked chicken
1 can cream of chicken soup
cooked rice
chow mein noodles
pineapple tidbits
frozen peas that have thawed, celery, green peppers  I didn't use the celery or green peppers
almonds, toasted  I didn't have almonds so I used pecans
coconut
green onions
cheddar cheese, grated I forgot to use this
tomatoes, diced
Directions:
After cooking the chicken I cut it in bite-size pieces and heated them with a can of cream of chicken soup.
The I layered the ingredients as follows:
1. Rice
2. Chicken soup mixture
3. Chow mein noodles
4. scallions
5. green peas
6. cheese
7. coconut
8. tomatoes
9. slivered almonds, toasted
Such an easy dish and really good.  You don't need a thing to go with it.

No comments: