Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Stuffed Chicken Breast -2

I found this recipe in my Texas Country Reporter, and Carol Renee Queen of Port Arthur submitted the recipe, but it was for stuffed chicken legs.  I decided to do it with chicken breasts.  I used the left-over stuffing with the extra spinach on top of the chicken breast. So it was stuffed inside and outside.  For the outside stuffing, I added a little goat cheese, about 2 oz.
The asparagus was drizzled with olive oil, salt and pepper and baked with the chicken breast the last 15 min.  I sprinkled some parmesan cheese on top.
Printable Recipe:
https://sites.google.com/site/whatscookingattheedwards/stuffed-chicken-breast--2
Ingredients
1/2 pound chopped mushrooms
1/2 red or green bell pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 green onions, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
1/2 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and water squeezed out
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon basil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
4 large leg quarters, washed and dried (or 2 chicken breasts with a pocket cut-through in the thick part of the breast)
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 slices swiss cheese (I just realized when I typed this that I forgot the cheese) Darn--I even bought 2 slices to use.
In a large bowl mix chopped mushrooms, red or green bell pepper, garlic, onion, celery, salt, spinach, oregano, basil, and lemon juice. Set aside. Carefully loosen skin on chicken quarters, cut away excess external fat, and stuff loosely with vegetable and herb mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Brush with butter and brown underneath a broiler for up to 3 minutes. Cover each piece of chicken with one slice of cheese.

No comments: