Thursday, June 23, 2011

Hamburger Steak

This is one of Jud's favorite meat dishes.  He usually gets this at Luby's.
I had a pound of ground meat and some onions that I wanted to use before leaving on vacation.  I always have rice.  Afterall, my dad was a rice farmer and all good rice farmer's daughters have rice as a staple in their pantry.  I threw in a few toasted pine nuts because I had them after cooking the green beans.

Printable Recipe:
https://sites.google.com/site/whatscookingattheedwards/hamburger-steak

Ingredients:
1 pound of ground beef (I used 96/4% fat) I probably could have used a little more fat count to make enough gravy.
1 onion sliced thin rings, separate the rings
1 tablespoon flour
1 cup water
1 beef bullion cube
salt and pepper to taste
Directions:
Make the beef into 4 patties.Salt and pepper the patties to taste.  Place the patties in a skillet on medium heat.  Fry them about 3 minutes on one side and then turn the patties and add the onions rings that have been separated into individual rings.  Let cook 3 minutes on the other side and then remove the beef patties from the skillet.  Add flour and water to make a gravy.  As the gravy begins to thicken add the meat back into the pan.  Cover and allow to simmer until cooked through, about 5 more minutes.

No comments: