Saturday, June 18, 2011

Coffee Rub ( for Beef or Pork)

I checked the New Sonoma Diet book out of the library.  I may have to buy it because I am finding lots of good recipes that I want to try.  After I put the rub on the flank steak that had been tenderized twice, Jud cooked it about a total of 5 minutes on each side.  He said he turned it several times.  I just love grilling night.  I just have to make the sides.  It is really too hot in Texas to be grilling outside.


Printable Recipe:
https://sites.google.com/site/whatscookingattheedwards/coffee-rub-for-beef-or-pork
Ingredients:
1/4 cup chili powder
1/4 cup coffee, finely ground
2 tablespoons Spanish paprika ( I don't know what I have)
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon coriander, ground
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon black peppercorns, ground
1/4 teaspoon cayene

1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
2. Season meat with salt and pepper. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons rub evenly on 1 pound of meat.  Let sit for 30 minutes prior to cooking. Sprinkle the meat with 1/2 - 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil before grilling.
I probably used 2 tablespoons of the rub on each side.

No comments: