Thursday, March 24, 2011

Sea Scallops Dinner

It's Thursday night and Jud made this incredible dinner.  When he retired, I told him that I would love it if he cooked 1 meal a week.  He has either cooked or taken me out to eat every Thursday.  He is a great cook and I love his meals if only that I don't have to cook. And he does the dishes. What a lucky girl I am.  Jud made 4 scallops per person and it was perfect for us.  The only secret to this great salad was the dressing. It is Garlic Expressions. They have it at H.E.B.
From Fine Fighter Fare Cookbook - Shannon Sweet

Ingredients:
1 pound scallops
8-oz. package angel hair pasta
2 tablespoons butter
1 pound heavy cream (16oz) or half and half
2 tablespoons dijon style mustard
1 tablespoon fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
Cook pasta according to package directions. Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add scallops and cook until just opaque. (about 2-3 minutes on each side) Remove scallops from pan and keep warm. Add cream, mustard and dill to the pan. Heat through. Remove pan from stove and add scallops. Combine scallops and sauce with angel hair pasta. Toss well.

No comments: