Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Chinese Pepper Steak

Jud and I decided to go walk the River Extention yesterday so I thought a crock-pot meal would be perfect.  I browned my meat, put it in the crock pot and off we went.  It was suppose to cook on low for 6-8 hours. When we got back after 3 1/2 hours it looked like it was already done, so I put the tomatoes, peppers, and onions in and turned off the crock-pot. About 2 hour before I was serving it, I turned the crock-pot back on low. It was o.k., but not a 10.


Printable Recipe:
https://sites.google.com/site/whatscookingattheedwards/chinese-pepper-steak

Ingredients:
1- 1 1/2 pound round steak
2 tablespoons veg. oil
1 clove garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 green onions, sliced
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1 cup fresh or canned bean sprouts drained
1 can diced tomatoes
2 green peppers, cut in strips
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons cold water
Directions:
Slice steak into narrow strips. Brown steak. Combine with garlic, salt, pepper, soy sauce, and sugar in crock pot. Cook 6-8 hours (I don't think it needs that much)  Turn to high. Add bean sprouts, tomatoes, and green peppers. Dissolve cornstarch in water. Stir into pot. Cook on high 15-20 minutes until thickened. Sprinkle with green onions.

No comments: