Thursday, August 19, 2010

Spinach/Artichoke Casserole

I found this recipe in my card file yesterday and thought I would try it since I had all the stuff to make it.  I used fresh spinach and frozen artichokes that were already quartered. We really liked this dish. I made chopped steak with gravy to go with it. And with chopped steak we just thought we had to have mashed potatoes. I made them with buttermilk instead of whole milk. I like the tartness that the buttermilk gives.

Ingredients:
2 packages frozen spinach
1/2 cup melted butter
1-8oz package cream cheese
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 cup quartered artichoke hearts, frozen or canned
1 sleeve Ritz cracker
extra butter to dot on top
Cook spinach according to directions on the package. Drain well, squeezing out the water if you use frozen spinach.  Add cream cheese, butter, and lemon juice. Mix well. Spread in a 9" X 13" pan sprayed with cooking spray.  Place artichokes on top of the spinach.Crush ritz crackers and put on top of the casserole. Dot with additional butter. Bake 30 minutes.

No comments: