Monday, August 2, 2010

Bon Voyage Chicken

I found this recipe years ago and Beth says she makes this when she is getting ready to go on a trip. She cleans out the refrigerator with this recipe. It is very easy to adapt to what you have in your refrigerator. I had some corn left-over from last night, so I threw that in the pot. Almost anything goes.  I didn't have parmesan cheese this time, so I left it out and just added salt. The recipe Comes from Talk About Good Cookbook - Beth Gallagher of Mableton, GA


Ingredients:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/2 cups red bell pepper strips (of course you can use green)
2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast (about 2 breasts) I had left-over rotisserie chicken
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
1 (14.5 oz ) can diced tomatoes
2 cups hot cooked ziti or penne (just use what you have)
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground balck pepper
1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Heat oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add bell pepper and saute' 4 minutes or until tender. Add chicken, garlic, and oregano, saute' 5 minujtes. Add tomatoes, reduce heat, simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add pasta and black pepper, stirring well. Place about 1 1/2 cups pasta mixture into each of 4 bowls; top each serving with 1 Tablespoon basil and 1 Tablespoon parmesan.   I just added the pasta and basil to the skillet. If I had parmesan cheese, I would have added that to the bowl as I was plating the dish.

No comments: