Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Pear Almond Chocolate Tart

This is a recipe that Jana Richard brought to a wedding shower a few months ago. I am just getting around to making it.  It was so much easier than I thought it might be.  Jana speaks fluent French and translated this recipe from a French cookbook.  Can't wait to try it tonight.  They did not have the almond meal in my bulk section, but they had in on the isle with the flour in my grocery store. Probably, if I had gone to Whole Foods, I could have found it in bulk. I have a feeling that I will be making this recipe often, so the package of almond meal will not be wasted.


Ingredients for the Tart:
 1 large can of pear halves (29 oz)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 pie crust
2 eggs
7 Tablespoons melted butter
3/4 cup almond meal - bulk section
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon almond extract
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Mix the melted butter, almond meal, sugar, eggs, and almond extract in a large bowl.  Butter a tart pan (Jana says you can use a pie plate if you don't have a tart pan. The tart pan makes it special and looks great.) Put the pie crust in the pan. Melt chocolate. Pour chocolate over the pie crust and spread evenly. Pour almond meal mixture over the top of the chocolate. Spread evenly. Pour liquid off of the pears. Arrange pears on top of the almond meal. Bake 30 minutes. Last 5 minutes put foil over the tart to keep the crust from getting too done.

No comments: