Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Shrimp and Rice

I'm not sure where I got this recipe because it is in an old recipe book that I made out of a three-ring binder when I got   married. My sister-in-law, Laurie, gave me the book and I  filled it with my own recipes.                                                                                                              



Printable Recipe:
https://sites.google.com/site/whatscookingattheedwards/shrimp-and-rice

Ingredients:
1 pound shrimp
1 teaspoon worcestershire
2 Tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon paprika
1/4 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup minced onion
1/3 cup chopped bell pepper
4 slices of cooked bacon - crumbled
2 cups of cooked rice ( I used 1 1/2 cups water to 3/4 cup uncooked rice and had a little extra)
Clean and devein shrimp. Sprinkle worcestershire sauce over the shrimp. Roll in mixture of flour and paprika. Melt butter and add celery, bell pepper, and onion. Saute' 5 minutes. Add shrimp. Increase the heat and cook 5 more min. Shrimp should be pink, but firm.  Add cooked rice, crumbled bacon, salt, and pepper.

No comments: