Friday, August 27, 2010

Grilled Chicken

Jud is the grill master in our family so he gets 100 % credit for this meal.  I will put his grilled chicken up-side of anyone and I can guarantee that his chicken will win.  He is great.  I know he is reading this because he always reads my blog when he cooks. He wants to make sure he gets credit for the meal.  It was awesome.
Jud says that it is all in the grill master-- you don't want to walk away from your fire or you might get more char than you want.  I think one of the big keys to chicken and pork tenderloin is marinading it in Italian dressing. We just buy a bottle of the cheapest Italian dressing we can find.  Pour it over the chicken and let it marinade overnight. Yesterday, I made stuffed chicken breasts so I just put these two pieces in the marinade yesterday afternoon.  Jud thinks keeping it on for 24 hours made the difference. He thought tonight's chicken was the best.  I agree that it was great.
How to cook chicken on a grill:
Marinade as many chicken breasts as you need for your group in Italian dressing. 24 hours is about as long as I would want to marinade it.  Longer is not always better.
Take it out of the marinade and let it set on the counter for 30 minutes. You don't want to put cold chicken on a hot grill.
Cook chicken on an outdoor grill 7-10 min. per side depending on how hot your grill is. You do not want to overcook or it will get dry. The marinade helps it to stay moist.

No comments: