Friday, August 20, 2010

Cheese Grits

I  1/2ed this recipe because I was making it just for Jud and me. Stacy made cheese grits for me the first time I tried them.  I found this recipe in the book, "Being Dead is no excuse" by Gayden Metcalf  and Charlotte Hays
Ingredients:
1 quart milk
1/2 cup butter
1 cup grits ( not instant)
1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon white pepper
1/3 cup butter
5 oz Gruyere cheese, grated
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bring milk to a boil and add 1/2 cup butter. Add grits. Stir constantly for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, add salt and pepper to taste, and beat well with a whisk. Add 1/3 cup butter and gruyere cheese. Pour into a 2 quart casserole and bake 30 minutes. Remove and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake another 30 minutes. Let sit before serving.

No comments: