I found this recipe on pinterest. I think it would be especially good for children who love tacos, but have a hard time eating the hard shell. The following is a link to the blog from Pinterest. http://www.keyingredient.com/recipes/10647185/taco-stuffed-pasta-shells/
1 pound ground beef
1 package taco seasoning
1--4oz. package cream cheese
12 large pasta shells
1 cup salsa
1 cup taco sauce ( I didn't use this because the ground meat had taco seasoning in it and the salsa gave it something so it wouldn't stick to the bottom.)
1 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
1 cup Monterey Jack cheese (grated)
1 1/2 cups tortilla chips (crushed) I didn't use this because I served chips and guacamole on the side
3 green onions (chopped) for garnish
1 cup sour cream
1. In a fry pan cook ground beef and add taco seasoning. Prepare according to package directions. Add cream cheese. Cover and simmer until cheese is melted. Blend well. Set aside and allow to cool. Cook the pasta shells, drain and toss well with butter.
2. Pour salsa in the bottom of a 9" X 13" baking dish.
3. Stuff each shell with the meat mixture. Place the stuffed shells in the baking dish and cover the tops of the shells with taco sauce.
4. Cover and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
5. After 30 minutes, uncover, and sprinkle crushed chips if using and shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese. Cook for an additional 15 minutes. Serve with sour cream, additional salsa, black olives or whatever you like on your tacos.