Friday, April 11, 2014
Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies from Pinterest
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup (1.5 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups Mint Chocolate Baking Pieces- (I used Andes, Crème De Menthe Baking Chips)
1. Mix flour, baking soda, cornstarch and salt together in a large bowl. Set aside
2. In a separate bowl, whisk the melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until smooth.
3. Whisk in the egg, then the egg yolk
4. Add vanilla.
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together with a large spoon.
6. Fold in the mint chocolate baking pieces.
7. Chill for 1 hour--(I did not do this and they turned out great)
8. Remove from refrigerator and allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
9. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside
10. Roll the dough into balls. Place balls with about 3 Tablespoons of dough in each ball.
11. Bake 11-12 minutes. The cookies will look very soft and under baked. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the cookie sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely