Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Ham Quiche

I made ham for our Easter meal and used the left-overs for several different things.  I made a soup which I have already posted Here
This was the quiche I made with more left-over ham.  I used Tyler Florence's recipe and adapted it to what I had on hand. His recipe is Here  The following is what I did.





Ingredients:
pie crust
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 large onion, sliced
6 eggs
1 pint heavy cream
2 cups ham
1 zucchini
1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper

Method:
Either make your favorite pie crust or buy one, like I did. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a large skillet add 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil to medium heat. Add onion and cook until carmelized (it takes about 20 minutes).  Add the ham and zucchini. Cook an additional 10 minutes. Put this mixture into an uncooked pie crust.  Mix eggs and milk together and add salt and pepper. Pour over the ham mixture and bake for 1 hour covered with aluminum foil. Remove the foil and bake an additional 15-30 minutes until the filling is solid.













\

No comments: