1-2 tablespoons peanut or other high temperature oil, divided use
1 1/2 cups shitake or button mushrooms, chopped
1 - 5-ounce can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
2 rotisserie chicken breasts, bones and skin removed, small diced
3 green onions, chopped (about 1 cup)
2 teaspoons minced garlic (2-3 cloves)
salt and pepper to taste
8 large whole iceberg lettuce leaves
Stir Fry Sauce:
4 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1. When the pan is very hot, add mushrooms and saute for about 30 seconds.
2. Add additional 1 tablespoon oil, if needed; then add water chestnuts and saute, while stirring for 30 seconds longer.
3. Add chicken, green onions, and garlic to pan and saute for a few seconds.
4. Add Stir-fry Sauce to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes. Stirring constantly until most of the liquid has evaporated. Add salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning, if needed. Transfer to a warm bowl.
5. Place the bowl with the chicken filling on a platter surrounded by lettuce leaves. Let each person take a lettuce leaf, top it with filling and drizzle with desired amount of Sriracha sauce. Roll up and enjoy.
Note: If using shitake mushrooms, discard the woody stems before chopping.
For Stir Fry Sauce: Mix soy sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar, and seasme oil together in a small bowl.
I did not use the Sriracha sauce: