Monday, September 26, 2011

Paleo Smoothie

I had not eaten breakfast, so after my workout at Cross-Fit, I made myself a fruit smoothie with the fruit I had in the house.  You can use just about any fruit you have to make this drink. I had a hard-boiled egg along the side and did fine until lunch.  You will notice that there is no sugar.  Sugar is a no no on the Paleo diet. You can use a little honey, but I didn't need it.





Fill the blender 1/2-way up with banana, frozen cranberries, mango, and 1 T. coconut oil. Then add Coconut milk until it's just covering the fruit. Blend until smooth.  I added a few ice cubes because I thought it was too thick.


This smoothie is made with mango, pineapple, coconut oil, and coconut milk.  Play around with different fruits and see what you like.

No comments: