Monday, September 26, 2011
Berry Good cobbler - Paleo style
for a while, you may be craving
something sweet. This is one option.
The coconut milk saves it. It is not
like your grandmother's cobbler, but it will do if you are desperate, and believe me when I say I was desperate. This comes from Sarah Fragoso's Everyday Paleo
3 cups fresh or frozen blackberries (or other berry of your choice) I used blueberries
2 T. coconut oil
Drizzle of honey
1 1/2 cups almond meal
2 T. cinnamon
"So Delicious" unsweetened coconut milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Pour the blackberries into a pie pan.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the egg, almond meal, coconut oil, and cinnamon. Stir well until the mixture starts to crumble. If you wish, drizzle a bit of honey on top of the blackberries.
4. By hand, evenly crumble the almond meal mixture on top of the blackberries and bake for 35 minutes
5. Serve in bowls with cold "So Delicious" coconut milk poured over the top.