Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Cheese Grits

This is a recipe that Stacy gave me in 2008, but I don't think I ever posted it on my blog. We love this dish and it went really well with the stuffed chicken and okra.  I halved this recipe.

Food network.com/recipes/boy-meets-grillo/jalapeno-cheese grits,


Printable Version:
https://sites.google.com/site/whatscookingsherry/cheese-grits

Ingredients:
2 cups cooked quick-cooking grits
2 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
1 stick unsalted butter
1 tablespoon hot sauce (recommended: Tobasco)
3 large eggs, well beaten
2 jalapenos, finely diced I used jalapenos that were pickled
1/4 cup canned chopped green chiles
garlic salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Cook grits according to the directions on the package. Remove from the heat and add next 6 ingredients (cheddar - chilies). Stir well and season with garlic salt, to taste. Pour into a buttered 9" square baking dish and bake for 1 hour. Let cool slightly before slicing and serving.

No comments: