Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Chicken Casserole

Ingredients:
6 chicken breasts (I'm using a whole chicken)
1 medium onion
1 medium jar mushrooms, chopped (I'm using fresh)
1/4 stick butter
2 cans cream of chicken or mushroom soup (I'm using one can)
3/4 can evaporated milk (I will use the whole can or enough to make it the consistency I want)
1/2 pound cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 teaspoon tobasco sauce
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper
1 jar pimientos
1/2 cup chopped almonds
Boil chicken and debone. Saute onion and mushrooms in butter. Add remaining ingredients except almonds. Simmer until cheese melts: Pour over chicken in a 9" X 13" casserole pan. Top with almonds. Bake 350 degrees until warm. Serve in Patty shells or over rice. I will probably do it one way tonight and the other way later in the week. It will make plenty.

No comments: