Thursday, April 19, 2012

Funky Fusion Fajitas

I have made these before, but I'm not sure I put it on my blog. If so, it is worth repeating.  Jud and I both love the marinade that goes on this flank steak. Be sure to buy flank steak that has been tenderized. It makes all the difference.  This is definately a staple in my recipes. You could also use the steak as your main dish and make some roasted vegetables and black beans. I also made my mango salsa to go along side of my fajitas.  Sorry I forgot to take a picture of the fajitas. This was what was left.  I got this recipe from Father Leo Patalinghug who was on Food Network one week.
Printable Version:

https://sites.google.com/site/whatscookingsherry/funky-fusion-fajitas
Ingredients:
1/4 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup soy sauce
14 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons ketsup
1 cup brown sugar
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon garlic powder
-------------------------------
1 1-1/4 pound flank steak
1/2 red onion, sliced in 1/2 moons
1 green bell pepper - cut in strips  Since it was just Jud and me, I only used the green bell pepper
1 yellow or red bell pepper
4 green onions I didn't use the green onion in my vegetables.
1 garlic clove I also didn't use the garlic
2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
12 flour tortillas
Gucamole
Screamin sour cream (recipe follows)
Combine 1st 12 ingredients. I but everything in my food processor, but feel free to just whisk if you mince the garlic. Father Patalinghug recommends you set aside 1/2 cup of the marinade to use when serving. Marinade steak in a plastic container with lid or a plastic baggie so you can flip it. Marinade for 2-4 hours. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before grilling.  Grill 6 minutes per side. Let rest for 10 minutes. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil. Add onions, 1 clove garlic and 1-2 Tablespoons of reserved marinade. Add salt and pepper. Cook 8 minutes. Slice steak into thin pieces across the grain. Make your fajita using gucamole, screaming sour cream and reserved marinade and onion/pepper mixture.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

1/4 cup red wine vinegar