Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Caramel Apple Cheesecake
1- 21 ounce can apple pie filling
1- 9" graham cracker crust
2- 8ounce cream cheese - room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup carmel topping
12 pecan halves + 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Reserve 3/4 cup apple pie filling; set aside.
3. Spoon remaining filling into the bottom of the crust.
4. Beat together cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
5. Add eggs and mix well. Pour over apple pie filling. Bake 30 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
6. Mix reserved pie filling and carmel topping in saucepan and heat 1 minute. Spoon mixture over top of cheesecake and spread evenly in the middle. Decorate the edges with the whole pecans. Add chopped pecans in the middle. Refrigerate.