Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Spicy Chicken Soup

I was looking for a new soup recipe and found one in the Country Reporter Cookbook that I have had for years.  It was really good. I will definately make it again.  It was really easy.  Cathy Gray Lancaster is the one who submitted the recipe to Texas Country Reporter.



Printable Recipe:
https://sites.google.com/site/whatscookingattheedwards/spicy-chicken-soup



Ingredients:
1- 2 1/2-3 pound broiler or fryer
1 tablespoon salt
1/2 cup butter or margarine-I think I only added 1/2 a stick of butter. I'm not sure it is needed. I'll probably try it next time w/o adding any butter.
1 quart boiling water
1 large potato, cubed
1 medium onion, chopped
2-17oz cans cream-style corn
1-15oz can tomatoes, undrained
1-10oz can tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Combine chicken, salt, butter, and boiling water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cook until chicken is tender. Remove chicken from broth; let cook and remove meat from bones. Add potatoes and onion to broth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and cook vegetables until tender. Add chicken and remaining ingredients. Simmer 30-45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serves 8.

No comments: