Thursday, April 28, 2011

Sesame green beans

 We had fresh green beans from our garden. If I counted the cost of these green beans, I probably wouldn't grow a garden, but I am a farm-girl at heart, and it would be so hard to give-up my garden. I really don't have enough sun to grow a good garden, but I keep trying.  My faternal grandmother was the real gardner in our family. She gave me the gift to love gardening, but I didn't get her green thumb. Oh how I wish that wishing would make it happen.
Printable Recipe:

Sesame Green Beans
1 pound green beans, ends trimmed
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
1 Tablespoon asian sesame oil
1 teaspoon minced, peeled fresh ginger or1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

1. In a 5 quart saucepan, in 1 inch boiling water, heat beans to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, 5-10 minutes, until beans are tender-crisp.
2. Meanwhile, in small saucepan, toast sesame seeds over medium heat, stirring and shaking pan frequently, until golden brown.
3. Drain beans, Whipe saucepan dry. Return beans to saucepan. Stir in soy sauce, sesame oil, and ginger; heat through.
4. Sprinkle beans with toasted sesame seeds. Serve beans warm or cover and refrigerate to serve cold later.



No comments: