Thursday, April 28, 2011

Jud's steak

I'm not sure, but I think this is the best steak I have ever had.  It is Thursday night and Jud made this awesome dinner for me.  I told him that I have fallen in love with Thursday nights.  I was in the bedroom reading and felt a tinge of guilt for not offering to help.  He said he owed me a few dinners.  He got his speach just right and the dinner was awesome.



Jud bought two 1/2 pound New York Strip steaks. They were prime cut. He only used salt and pepper on each side. He has tried marinading them before, but this time he made it very simple. He cooked them a total of 10 minutes on a very hot charcoal grill outdoors.  I tried to pin him down to how many minutes on each side, but he just said it was about 3 min. on each side and then flipped and cooked a couple of min. on each side again.  He cut into the one he was going to eat to make sure it was done.  I always tell him to let it rest for 5-10 minutes before cutting it, but he doesn't listen to me.  He took the one that he had cut and gave me the one that rested. I didn't try his, but mine was perfect.

No comments: